Get your team together for this year’s Spin-a-Thon at the Comox Community Centre. This year’s spin-bike team marathon has been reformatted to a 12-hour event with proceeds going to the local Canadian Tire Jumpstart and the ‘Take Heart & Breathe Well’ exercise program for at-risk seniors with chronic heart and lung issues. Both programs support low-income Comox Valley families to lead active, healthy lifestyles!
The 6th Annual Spin-a-Thon features:
– An Early Risers’ Breakfast from McDonald’s
– Door prizes, including a $500 Canadian Tire shopping spree and lift tickets to Mount Washington Alpine Resort
– Instructor-led spin classes each hour
– Afternoon BBQ sponsored by Thrifty Foods and hosted by the Comox Fire Department
– Kids activities & an inflatable obstacle course
– Water station compliments of Water Pure & Simple
– Prizes for spinners on the hour
– ‘Try It’ Fitness classes & stretching
– and much more!
Team registration is $300. Pledge sheets and registration is available by calling Comox Community Centre at 339-2255 or emailng firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can’t spin but want to support the Spin-a-Thon? Become a community sponsor (Polka-dot Jersey, Yellow Jersey or Green Jersey) or donate a prize for the event! Call 339-2255 for more information.
Thank you to our Yellow Jersey Sponsors Town of Comox, The Eagle – 97.3, Comox Valley Echo and Odlum Brown Community! Green Sponsors: Ives Burger Barristers & Solicitors, Canadian Tire , Berwick Comox Valley, Mountain City Cycle, Comox Fire Rescue and City of Courtenay. Polka-dot Jerseys: McDonald’s Canada, Blackfin Pub, Mosaic Vision Care, Invis Mortgage & more!
Additional thanks to the following companies for already donating door prizes:
Avalanche Bar and Grill – Courtenay BC
Milano Boutique Coffee Roasters Comox Valley
Blue Toque Sports Swap
Gravity Mountain Bike
Fine Line Embroidery
Comox Valley Regional District
Mountain City Cycles
To read up on this year’s Spin-a-Thon visit: http://www.cvhealthcarefoundation.com/2017/02/03/new-12-hour-spin-a-thon-fundraiser-set-for-march-4th/